Overcoming challenges message of Wednesday’s free performance

Music+will+be+filling+the+Frisco+ISD+Administration+Building+boardroom+with+award-winning+singer-songwriter+Tony+Memmel+coming+to+perform.+The+event+is+on+Wednesday+at+6+p.m.+and+is+open+to+parents+and+students+over+the+age+of+8.+

Music will be filling the Frisco ISD Administration Building boardroom with award-winning singer-songwriter Tony Memmel coming to perform. The event is on Wednesday at 6 p.m. and is open to parents and students over the age of 8.

provided by Tony Memmel

provided by Tony Memmel

provided by Tony Memmel

Allie Lynn, Guest Contributor

Award-winning singer-songwriter Tony Memmel is performing at the Frisco ISD Administration Building boardroom Wednesday at 6 p.m. in a community event open to parents and students over the age of 8.

Born with only one hand, Memmel taught himself to play the guitar by attaching a guitar pick to his arm with gorilla tape and now helps other children through the Lucky Fin Project.

“Almost all luck and dream living are yielded from hard work,” Memmel said in a Frisco ISD n

ews release. “It wasn’t luck that pushed me to stay up way past when the house and neighborhood were asleep with my headphones plugged into a practice amp, practicing scales and chords until my little arm bled, and my fingers were raw.”

A RSVP to the event is welcomed but not required.