StuCo welcomes next year’s class

Preparing for the first football game on Thursday at 7:00 p.m. at Kuykendall Stadium, Thursday’s pep rally looks to raise school spirit. After a year of virtual pep rallies, they are back in person.

Prachurjya Shreya, Managing Editor

Students won’t get their 2019-20 class schedules until summer, but Student Council has already sent out acceptance letters for next year’s members.

“I was really excited,” junior Kyle McCord said. “It was a cool opportunity to be a part of and I was a little surprised I got in.”

McCord was one of more than 60 students that applied, a lengthy process according to sponsor Kandy Stevens.

“We had all students fill out an application,” Stevens said. “They had to do a page essay, they had to do a creative cover page they had to get teacher recommendations. Then from the first stack that was turned into us we filtered through it, and some of the ones we might have had questions with, we scheduled interviews with, and after that we sat down and went through. Our goal was to hit 35 students and we had over 60 applicants.”

Even though McCord won’t be joining the class until August, both he and Stevens are  already thinking ahead.

“My goal is probably to bring the school more spirit and get people to get more excited about the events going on in school,” he said.

“My hopes is just to continue to see our school spirit,” Stevens said. “That we have more activities that students are actually wanting to attend and just have more where the students feel like they have a voice.”