Teachers push registration before AP deadline

An AP registration form hangs on the door of the counselors' office where students can pay in check to avoid an online service charge. Students singing up after March 7 can still register by April 4 but for a late charge of $20 per exam.

Madeline Aronson

Madeline Aronson

Madeline Aronson

Madeline Aronson, Staff Reporter

With AP testing season two months away, AP teachers are encouraging students Thursday to sign up for the exams before the March 7 registration deadline. Students can pay for their AP exams on Mypaymentsplus or pay with a check to the counselor’s office for those wishing to avoid a service charge.

While the price may seem high, with AP test costing anywhere between 94$ and $225, a college class costs on average $594.46 for one credit, and AP chemistry teacher Joann Jung sees the decision as a no-brainer.

“For me, AP chemistry, they are already going to do some type of science field in college, so since you already have to take chemistry in college and so if they’re going to take it, might as well save money, save time,” Jung saud. “They’re already in the class, why not just take the AP exam already now?”

AP English Language and AP Capstone teacher Chad Doty made a conscious effort to get more students to take the test. Students who fail to register can sign up by March 7 still have the chance to sign up but before a late fee.

“We promote the AP test by emphasizing throughout the year that everything we do will prepare students for the skills they need for the AP test, even though we aren’t only test focused, the  test is very much in mind,” Doty said. “We want as many students as possible to get credit, so we encourage all of our students to take the test, and particularly as we get closer to exam season.”

Madeline Aronson, Staff Reporter

Maddie Aronson is Junior and is new to the Wingspan program. She is the president of the SAGA club at Liberty, and plays for the Redhawk...