Countdown to cheerleading tryouts begins Monday

With tryouts set for Thursday, March 7, 2019, for the 2019-2020, cheer will host clinics Monday-Wednesday in preparation for the official tryout.

Yael Even, Staff Reporter

Trying to prevent stumbles at Thursday’s cheerleader tryouts, there are cheer clinics Monday from 5-6:30 p.m., Tuesday 5-6 p.m., Wednesday 5-6 p.m., in the gym.

“It can help girls learn the material,” cheer coach Kandy Stevens said. “Also it can help us see how quick the girls pick up stuff. It will help the freshman as they are coming in from three to four different middle schools, as well as we have a mock tryout so the girls will have the chance to get into the groove of things, and see what they need to work on.”

From flips to toe-touches, junior Andres Venegas is trying out for his last year of high school.

“As this year is my last, I’m looking forward to making the team with my friends,” Venegas said. “Also for my senior year memories and any events for seniors that are cheerleaders.”

Trying to make the squad for her fourth straight year, junior Caitlyn Schroeder finds the clinics helpful.

“The clinics give me a refresher on how the tryouts go,” Schroeder said. “They calm my nerves by practicing and seeing other people’s perspective.”

Yael Even, Staff Reporter

Yael Even is a junior starting her second year of Wingspan. She enjoys spending time with friends and family. Yael also likes to keep up with her healthy...

Prachurjya Shreya, Managing Editor

Shreya is a senior and this is her fourth year in wingspan. As a senior, she finds almost everyone annoying and hates when underclassmen accidentally touch...