Coffee, counselors, and Collin College

Coffee, counselors, and Collin College

Coffee with the Counselors was hosted in the library on Wednesday. The Collin College application was discussed to provide them with information about the opportunities of the school

Melody Tavallaee

Melody Tavallaee

Melody Tavallaee

Dea-Mallika Divi, Assignment Editor

Explaining the Collin College application process to parents was the focus of Wednesday’s Coffee with the Counselors session in the library.

“We had our college and career counsellor Ms. Portnoy, who is a Collin College employee come and speak with current senior parents about the Collin College application process,” counselor Staci Stokes said. “I think this time of year that is incredibly helpful for those parents trying to help their students navigate that process, as they look forward to life after high school.”

Parents also got the chance to better understand the opportunities that Collin College has to offer.

“I hope that this helps parents see just an overview of the application process all the steps because I know, college application stuff can be quite complicated at times,” Stokes said. “I also hope that it helps them see all of the great opportunities available at Collin. Collin has a host of certification programs and associate’s degrees and transfer opportunities that I don’t think people know about and so those parents and families that are interested in applying to Collin and it helps give them a really nice picture of everything that there is out there.”

Dea-Mallika Divi, Assignment Editor

Dea is a senior who has been doing journalism since her freshman year. She loves movies, reading and listening to music. Her favorite book series is...

Melody Tavallaee, Managing Editor

Melody Tavallaee is a senior who joined Wingspan during her sophomore year. One of her greatest passions is iced coffee and you can almost always find...