Playoff positioning on the line for girls’ soccer

The+girls%27+soccer+team+is+seeking+to+solidify+its%27+playoff+spot+as+they+take+on+the+Independence+Knights+at+Toyota+Stadium+Friday+at+5%3A30+p.m+with+the+boys%27+team+to+immediately+follow.+While+the+boys%27+team+is+out+of+playoff+contention%2C+the+girls%27+enter+Friday%27s+game+in+4th+place+with+only+four+teams+from+District+9-5A+making+the+playoffs.+

The girls' soccer team is seeking to solidify its' playoff spot as they take on the Independence Knights at Toyota Stadium Friday at 5:30 p.m with the boys' team to immediately follow. While the boys' team is out of playoff contention, the girls' enter Friday's game in 4th place with only four teams from District 9-5A making the playoffs.

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Looking to tighten its grasp on a spot in District 9-5A playoffs, the girls’ soccer team takes on the Independence Knights on Friday at 5:30 p.m. at Toyota Stadium.  

“We are trying to figure out how to play our game and not conform to others so by watching film,” senior Emma Mason said. “Also in practice we’re working on our strengths and trying to improve them even more so we are ready on Friday.”

While the boys are unable to advance to the playoffs, the team looks to continue a five year win streak at 7:15 p.m. at Toyota Stadium.

“We are looking to get a solid win against Independence,” head coach Fred Kaiser said. “As a program, we have never lost or tied to them, so we are determined to continue that win streak against them.”

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

Aaron Boehmer is a sophomore and in his second year of working on the Wingspan staff. He is also in his second year of playing for the school’s soccer...