Seeking sweep, baseball takes on Independence

During+a+recent+batting+practice+session%2C+senior+Davis+O%27Brien+waits+to+take+a+swing.+O%27Brien+and+the+rest+of+the+Redhawks+go+for+the+two+game+sweep+against+the+Independence+Knights+Friday+at+7%3A30+p.m.+at+Independence.+

During a recent batting practice session, senior Davis O'Brien waits to take a swing. O'Brien and the rest of the Redhawks go for the two game sweep against the Independence Knights Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Independence.

Walker Shippy

Walker Shippy

Walker Shippy

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Looking for a series sweep, the baseball team steps up to bat against the Independence Knights Friday at 7:30 p.m at Independence.

“Definitely traveling away from home is harder because of the atmosphere,” freshman Cade McGarrh said. “But we travel really well, fans and students that travel with us, bringing intensity and energy that we feed off of. Also the coaches build us up to bring energy because of the close competition that district has.”

The team enters Friday’s game in three way tie for 5th place, just one game behind the Knights who are in three way tie for 2nd place.