Custodian Appreciation Day draws dozens of students

• Sophomore Keya Jain and Freshman Radhika Sharma write notes and letters expressing their appreciation for the custodians. This special day was made for students to have time to thank the people that look after the school.

• Freshman Sree Pal socializes with friends while writing thank you notes to custodians

• A group of sophomores work together in order to make appreciation notes to the custodians that look after the school.

• While writing letters to the custodians, students of all ages discuss their appreciation for the custodians.

• Sophomore Thrisha Malireddy and Suhani Kunam quickly pop in the lecture hall to write letters of appreciation to the custodians. This day of appreciation was during advisory and had many students join in to write.

• Sophomore Sindhu Kristipati writes appreciation notes in the lecture hall for the school’s custodians. Thursday was Custodian Appreciation Day.

• Freshman Sreya Suresh eats and socializes with friends as she finishes writing a letter to one of the custodians. The pulse club held this social invite for students to have the chance to show how much they care about the custodian staff.

• A group of sophomores girls work together in order to make appreciation notes to the custodians that look after the school. They did this during advisory in the lecture hall.

• Freshmen Anisya Nair and Lalana Karri enjoy snacks provided after writing notes of gratification towards the custodians of Liberty.

• Senior Wade Glover and friends discuss future plans about how they can make the school a more welcoming and fun environment for all types of students.

• Students of all ages work together in order to show their respect and acknowledgement of the hard work and effort that the cleaning staff puts in to make this school a clean and safe environment for students.

• Showing their admiration to the custodians a group of juniors and sophomores write letters to the people that work to keep our school clean.

• Taping the cards on the custodian door during third period on Thursday, March 28, 2019, students gathered together to show appreciation for the custodians. Making the thank you cards in the lecture hall, Student Council provided snacks and drinks to participants.

With music blaring, and snacks and drinks set up in the lecture hall, dozens of students showed  up during Thursday’s advisory period to make thank you cards for the custodians as part of a Student Council event.

“I just always see how hard the janitors work and they do for school that goes unnoticed,” StuCo event committee member, senior Emily Madden said. “I wanted to do something for them to show our appreciation to them and kind of give back.”

2019-2020 StuCo member, junior Anushka Sinha hopes to continue acts of kindness like this next year.

“My friend told me about the event and I decided that it would be a fun way to show appreciation for the janitors and all they do for us,” Sinha said. “I would like to help organize events like this in the future.”

Attending the event senior Sani Ali wishes the custodians got a bit more help from students.

“I hope people would treat them better and not just leave stuff on the floor and pick up after themselves,” Ali said. “Make sure the school’s clean because we are fortunate to have it.”

Leaving the cards and treats outside the custodial closet in the cafeteria at the end of advisory, lead custodian Sally Nunez was thankful for what the students did.

“The cards are very pretty,” Nunez said. “It was really nice that they gathered together and I appreciate them for everything that they did. They are very good kids and I love them a lot. Everything that I do is because I like the school to be clean and for it to be nice looking.”