Redhawks seeks revenge against Centennial

Baseball and softball hosting the Titans

Standing+in+the+batter%27s+box%2C+senior+Jonathan+Lis+waits+on+a+pitch+during+batting+practice.+Lis+and+the+rest+of+the+baseball+team+are+seeking+a+bit+of+revenge+against+Centennial+Friday+night+as+they+host+the+Titans.+Friday%27s+game+is+the+second+in+the+two+game+series+with+the+Titans+winning+Tuesday+5-4.+

Standing in the batter's box, senior Jonathan Lis waits on a pitch during batting practice. Lis and the rest of the baseball team are seeking a bit of revenge against Centennial Friday night as they host the Titans. Friday's game is the second in the two game series with the Titans winning Tuesday 5-4.

Carter Brock

Carter Brock

Carter Brock

Aaron Boehmer and Catie Reeves

Determined to avenge its 5-4 loss on Tuesday, the Redhawk baseball team aims to tie its two game series against the Centennial Titans at 7:30 p.m. at home on Friday.

“I’m hoping that we’ll be able to shut Centennial down and gain some more confidence for the rest of district,” senior Tim Wynia said. “After Tuesday’s game, the whole team has a chip on their shoulder and are seeking revenge tonight. Tonight’s game will be more intense than other games during the season.”

Looking to refine their skills, sophomore Owen Archer and his teammates have been honing in on areas of improvement throughout the week leading up to Friday’s competition.

“I’m confident about the game, although we’ve had some rough patches, but we will be fine,” Archer said. “We’ve been doing live at bats to get used to opposing pitchers.”

One field over, softball is also taking on Centennial in a District 9-5A matchup at 7:15 p.m.

“Centennial is a tough team so we need to stay focused and play together as a team,” freshman Maegan Shannon said. ”We want to keep the number of errors low and adjust to the pitcher we see, so we can hopefully come out with a win.”

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Catie Reeves is a junior and is starting her third year in Wingspan, her first as Sports Editor. She is a part of cross country and track and you will...

Carter Brock, Executive Sports Producer

Carter is a senior entering his third year in Wingspan, serving as the executive sports producer for WTV. He plays basketball for the school, is in NHS,...