A flushing finish for Urinetown

Waiting+for+student+director+Eduardo+Borja-Prieto+to+call+places+for+the+full+run%2C+some+of+the+cast+waits+outside+the+stage+door+and+talks+through+some+things+in+the+show.+Urinetown+opened+its+two+night+run+on+Thursday+with+a+final+performance+Friday+night.+Rehearsing+off+and+on+for+months%2C+the+show+is+part+of+Borja-Prietos+ISM+project.+

Natalie Brooks

Waiting for student director Eduardo Borja-Prieto to call places for the full run, some of the cast waits outside the stage door and talks through some things in the show. “Urinetown” opened its two night run on Thursday with a final performance Friday night. Rehearsing off and on for months, the show is part of Borja-Prieto’s ISM project.

Prachurjya Shreya, Managing Editor

The curtains closed on the student directed show, Urinetown, on Friday after a two night run in the auditorium.

“I think we put in a lot of time and effort and I think it really paid off,” director, senior Eduardo Borja-Prieto said. “I think that Friday night was a lot better than Thursday’s show. Friday was very, very strong and I think it showed off our department strengths very well.”

Having to work on the show between other productions, the cast didn’t have much time on the stage before Thursday’s opening show.

“I think the production went really well,” senior Caitlin Montgomery said. “It was a little stressful because we only started using the stage about a week before we had to put on the production and until then we just been practicing at people’s houses and in fields. So, watching it all come together and it’s such a short period of time on stage was really rewarding and it felt like we’d all been working towards something after all.”

Borja-Prieto believes a few more tweaks would have helped the production.

“I would change the scheduling just because some of it was a little weird and out of order, and I think if I had kept a chronological, it would have been a bit easier to stay focused with our rehearsal schedules,” Borja-Prieto said. “And I would also probably try to up a couple more elements with my props and make them look different than they did.”