Hancock and Horcher vying to take over as student body president

Voting for the student council president for the 2019-2020 school year begins Thursday at 9:00 a.m. Voting will end on Friday at 4:15 p.m.

Yael Even, Staff Reporter

Voting for next year’s student body president begins Thursday at 9:00 a.m. and closes Friday at 4:15 p.m. with junior candidates Emma Hancock and Rileigh Horcher ready to lead the student body for the 2019-2020 school year.

“I am really excited for this opportunity to run,” Hancock said. “One of my goals would be just to unite the student body. I know that we are all in different places and different activities doing different things, but it’s just awesome when we come together and it just creates an awesome school spirit and just makes school more fun. I would really love to promote that. I’m also really big on servant leadership so I will do my best to be there for anyone who needs me and I recognize that, if given this position, it’s not about me, it’s not about what I can get out of it I’m doing it for the student body.”

An email will be automatically sent out at 9 .am. with the link to the Google form to vote.

“Some of my main goals as student body president would definitely be to create a unity in the campus,” Horcher. “To make every student who walks in the doors every morning feel welcome and invited and recognize different groups of people, different clubs, different grade levels and just make everyone feel excited to be at the school and to be a part of the school spirit that is the Redhawk Nation.”

Current student body president Wade Glover is ready see who takes over.

“I’m very excited to see who our next student body president will be,” he said. “This election process is when we get to see the incoming president’s vision for Student Council and the school, so it is extremely important.”