Deadline looming for 2019-2020 course changes

Students who are wanting to change their schedules for next year have until May 1st by 4:30 p.m. After May 1st, no changes will be allowed.

Ashika Deshpande, Guest Contributor

With the counseling office getting ready to start the process of compiling schedules for the 2019-2020 school year, students who want to make schedule changes for next year must do so by Wednesday at 4:30 p.m.

“The district wants schedule changes completed by a certain time, so that then schools can actually finish building their master schedule,” counselor Andrea Douglass said. “So they move the timeline around a little bit this year, to help the school be able to schedule a little bit better about it, too.”

In order to request schedule changes, students must fill out a request form. After Wednesday, any schedule change requests will not be accepted.

“Campuses use the choices that students make for their courses to hire teachers,” Stokes said. “And so we need to have an accurate assessment of what courses students want to take so that we can hire the appropriate teachers.”

Students originally turned in course cards for 2019-20 at the beginning of February, allowing four months to consider changes.

“I feel like it’s enough time,” sophomore Saniyah Zaheer said. “I know what classes I want to take and I had enough time to do a little bit of research on the different classes to see the level of difficulty and what the classes teach.”