Off-season work laying the foundation for 2020

Although+season+is+over%2C+soccer+hits+the+weight+room+to+prepare+for+the+2019-20+season.+%E2%80%9CIt%E2%80%99s+important+to+keep+training+because+we+still+need+to+grow+as+a+program+and+set+new+goals+for+the+year+to+come%2C%E2%80%9D+Chladny+said.+

Melody Tavallaee

Although season is over, soccer hits the weight room to prepare for the 2019-20 season. “It’s important to keep training because we still need to grow as a program and set new goals for the year to come,” Chladny said.

Aaron Boehmer, Sports Editor

The season ended for the boys’ and girls’ soccer programs in March, but the work isn’t stopping for the Redhawks as they continue to practice in off-season and hitting the weight room to prepare for their 2019-20 seasons.

After a tough 2-15-1 season, the boys’ soccer team is utilizing off-season practices to improve in the one of the strongest districts in the state.  

“Prior to getting into district play we had four wins against teams that got into the playoffs, so it’s a ridiculously tough district,” boys’ head coach Fred Kaiser said in a previous interview with Wingspan. “It’s just how it is here in Frisco, if we were in another district we’d be top two or three.”

Hoping to strengthen the girls’ team, sophomore Emily Chladny sees off-season work as an opportunity to take on a leadership role.

“It’s important to keep training because we still need to grow as a program and set new goals for the year to come,” Chladny said. “The weight room makes us a stronger program; in season we tend to lose strength because we are running so much. I hope off-season allows us all to take leadership roles as incoming upperclassmen, because the seniors are now gone and it’s our time to lead.”