Voters head to the polls for Saturday’s local election

Early voting is over for May’s local elections with the final chance to vote Saturday from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. 

Among some of the positions on the ballot are Frisco ISD board positions as well as spots on the Frisco City Council.

Early voting is over for May’s local elections with the final chance to vote Saturday from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Among some of the positions on the ballot are Frisco ISD board positions as well as spots on the Frisco City Council.

Vivek Sundararaman, WTV Staff Reporter

Early voting is over for May’s local elections with the final chance to vote Saturday from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.

Voters must have registered to vote before the April 4 deadline in order to be eligible to vote in this election.

The closest locations to vote include Collin College at Preston Ridge, Frisco Fire Station eight, Maus Middle School, and Hunt Middle School.

“Frisco ISD encourages all citizens to register to vote and participate in the process,” Frisco ISD said in a statement. “The District communicates information with parents, students and community members regarding how to register and when and where to vote. Many of the issues that most impact Texans are decided at the local government level, yet turnout is very low in local elections. That means a small percentage of Texans are deciding who will make important decisions for our communities.”

In order to vote, voters may bring a valid Texas driver license issued by the DPS, a U.S. passport, a Texas personal ID card, a U.S. citizenship certificate, or a Texas election ID certificate.

Additional information can be found at www.collincountytx.gov/elections.

Vivek Sundararaman, WTV Staff Reporter

Vivek Sundararaman is a sophomore and staff reporter for Wingspan TV who joined the program during his freshman year. He is a member of the swim team and...

Prachurjya Shreya, Managing Editor

Shreya is a senior and this is her fourth year in wingspan. As a senior, she finds almost everyone annoying and hates when underclassmen accidentally touch...