Students without STAAR get late arrival

Students without STAAR get late arrival

The school's hallways will be emptier than usual Wednesday morning as students not taking STAAR or AP tests do not have to arrive until 12:30 p.m. Students with AP tests must still arrive before the times of their tests.

Lucas Barr

Lucas Barr

Lucas Barr

Lucas Barr, Editor-in-chief

Sophomores and seniors that will not be taking either the Biology STAAR or the U.S. History STAAR on Wednesday will have late arrival and are expected to be on campus at 12:30 p.m.

The late arrival does not apply to students taking the AP English Literature test which begins at 8 a.m., as well students taking the AP French Language and Culture or AP European History tests which begin at noon.

Students taking a STAAR test Wednesday must arrive at their testing location, posted in the rotunda, by 8:45 a.m.

Although some students that have late arrival may use it to get some extra sleep, sophomore Urja Joshi has other plans.

“Having later arriving tomorrow, is great because I just took an AP test yesterday,” Joshi said. “I think it’ll be a nice break for next week’s AP tests as well. I’ll probably study a lot. I have other projects going on as well, so I can use that time to work on the other homework and use my normal homework time to work for studying for the test.”