Students taking two AP exams in one day encouraged to bring their lunch

Lucas Barr

Students taking back to back AP tests have only a few minutes of break to eat lunch before beginning the afternoon test. Seniors taking the AP Environmental Science test right after the AP U.S. Government test experienced this Monday, having less than ten minutes before starting the next exam.

Maddie Aronson, Staff Reporter

With AP season in full swing, the counseling department is reminding students of the lunch procedures, particularly for students taking two tests in one day.

“I just wanted to clarify what the lunch situation is,” lead counselor Dr. Stephanie Mueller said. “We ask all students who take two tests in one day to bring their own lunch. We give a small break in between the two tests, about 10-15 minutes in order for the students to eat a small lunch.”

The time and dates of all AP tests are set by CollegeBoard, with students taking two exams in one day having an abbreviated lunch.

In an email sent to parents and staff, the counseling office advised: “If your student has two tests in one day or is taking an afternoon test, please make sure that your student packs a lunch. We will allow the student ample opportunity to eat between tests, but the cafeteria will not be open to purchase food.”

“Students get a little bit of a break between testing, but because of the timelines of AP testing, it’s important that we get started on the next test on time,” Mueller said. “So that why the lunch is 10 minutes, it was communicated through email, and it was also communicated in our pre-admin session.”