School board talks budget and honors students

In their finally meeting of the 2019-2020 school year, the district Board of Trustees recognized student fine arts and athletic accomplishments. The board also discussed legislative developments on state school funding.

Melody Tavallaee, Managing Editor

The FISD Board of Trustees met on Monday evening for their final meeting of the 2018-2019 school year to discuss topics ranging from the achievements of athletes and fine arts students to the district’s current budget.

Among the discussed topics was House Bill 3 and the efforts the district is making as the bill works its way through the legislative process.

“Ms. [Anne McCausland, FISD Board of Trustee member] McCausland and I went down last week with a group of trustees that was a grassroots effort and we specifically made postcards, handwritten cards and delivered it too,” Board of Trustees secretary Debbie Gillespie said. “I know we, ourselves went to everyone on either house committee and then we went to everyone’s office who’s actually on the conference committee and gave them these cards and tried to promote House Bill 3 with the things that are best for Frisco ISD.”

Melody Tavallaee, Managing Editor

Melody Tavallaee is a senior who joined Wingspan during her sophomore year. One of her greatest passions is iced coffee and you can almost always find...