School board talks budget and honors students

Monthly+School+Board+Meeting+by+Frisco+ISD+proposed+the+name+for+High+School+%2311.+The+Citizens+Committee+submitted+the+name+Emerson+based+off+the+original+town+name+of+Frisco%2C+and+with+the+building+process+underway%2C+new+zones+are+beginning+to+be+set+for+Frisco+ISD+students.+

Lucas Barr

Monthly School Board Meeting by Frisco ISD proposed the name for High School #11. The Citizens Committee submitted the name Emerson based off the original town name of Frisco, and with the building process underway, new zones are beginning to be set for Frisco ISD students.

Melody Tavallaee, Managing Editor

The FISD Board of Trustees met on Monday evening for their final meeting of the 2018-2019 school year to discuss topics ranging from the achievements of athletes and fine arts students to the district’s current budget.

Among the discussed topics was House Bill 3 and the efforts the district is making as the bill works its way through the legislative process.

“Ms. [Anne McCausland, FISD Board of Trustee member] McCausland and I went down last week with a group of trustees that was a grassroots effort and we specifically made postcards, handwritten cards and delivered it too,” Board of Trustees secretary Debbie Gillespie said. “I know we, ourselves went to everyone on either house committee and then we went to everyone’s office who’s actually on the conference committee and gave them these cards and tried to promote House Bill 3 with the things that are best for Frisco ISD.”