Year’s work on display at ISM Final Presentation Night

ISM Final Presentation Night is this evening at 6 p.m in the cafeteria with product displays and with individual presentations taking place in separate classrooms at 7:30 p.m.

Final presentation night for ISM students is Friday at 6 p.m. as they showcase their final products in different classrooms throughout the school.

“Students have been putting the final touches on their final products, updating their research portfolios and display boards and rehearsing their speech presentations in preparation for FPN,” ISM teacher Karene Goff said. “I think attendees can expect to be totally impressed and blown away by the amount and quality of work the ISM students have completed this year.  Every student logged a minimum of 25 hours during the second semester working on their final product and each one is unique based on the student’s topic of study and what they chose to develop.”

For juniors and seniors involved in ISM, this project has been a year in the making.

“Honestly, I’ve been preparing for it the entire year because it is a summary of what you’ve been doing the over the year,” senior Sayyant Rath said. “So, from the beginning where you get interviews with random people and also professionals in the field to putting the final touches on whatever product you decide to make that would be beneficial to the field.”

A variety of fields and projects will be on display in the cafeteria at 6 p.m. with attendees being able to walk from room to room starting at 7:30 p.m.

“The ISM program helps students decide if the topic they studied is what they want to continue to pursue in college and beyond,” Goff said via email. “All of this and more will be reflected at Final Presentation Night during the product displays, as well as through the individual student presentations. I’m incredibly proud of these kids for investing in their future, and taking charge of their own learning.”

Goff sees the ISM program as a chance for students to gain experience before heading off to college, with graduation just two weeks away.

“The confidence and skill set that ISM students develop sets them apart from other students their age and puts them on a path of success regardless of the career they pursue,” she said. “Students get real-world experience in a career field of their choice and build a professional relationship with their mentor and others in the field. For most students, the mentorship leads to college internships and other experiential learning opportunities beyond ISM.”