Advisory period ends Friday

The+final+advisory+period+of+the+year+was+Friday.+The+25+minute+period+took+place+between+2nd+and+3rd+period%2C+but+with+the+school+year+nearly+over%2C+the+need+for+the+period+isnt+what+it+was+according+to+administrators.+For+the+remainder+of+the+year%2C+2nd+period+will+be+25+minutes+longer+with+the+extra+time+on+May+23+being+used+for+the+final+Redhawk+Rant.++

Dea-Mallika Divi

The final advisory period of the year was Friday. The 25 minute period took place between 2nd and 3rd period, but with the school year nearly over, the need for the period isn’t what it was according to administrators. For the remainder of the year, 2nd period will be 25 minutes longer with the extra time on May 23 being used for the final Redhawk Rant.

Kasey Harvey, Editor-in-Chief

With the need for tutorials and re-testing winding down as the school year comes to an end, the final advisory period of the year was Friday. Students with a pass will still be able to see a teacher between second and third period, but the mass exodus of students for a 25 minute break after second period has come to an end. 

“It’ll help our students,” assistant principal Jason Harris said. “Because there’s so much free time, advisory was not going to be as we know it, as there’s not as much instructional time taking place the last seven days of school.”

For junior Giorgia Mastrolorenzo, it’s not the extra time with teachers that will be missed, it’s the limited time to see seniors before graduation on May 31.

It’s taking away a lot of the time that we could spend with friends and like seniors that are graduating,” Mastrolorenzo said. “It’s just kind of a let down.”