Set to serve, Redhawks gear up for season

With+season+around+the+corner%2C+the+Redhawks+face+off+against+different+teams+around+the+Metroplex.+The+tournament+takes+place+at+Byron+Nelson%2C+beginning+Thursday+and+ending+on+Saturday.+

With season around the corner, the Redhawks face off against different teams around the Metroplex. The tournament takes place at Byron Nelson, beginning Thursday and ending on Saturday.

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Volleyball continues with their pre-district season as they go head to head against diverse teams around the Metroplex for the Northwest ISD tournament at Byron Nelson through Saturday.

“The team this year has a lot of energy and is really excited for the tournament,” senior Alyssa Franklin said. “Our hopes are to get a spot in the good bracket.”

Going into their third day of the tournament, the team already has scored wins against Belton, Boswell, and Plano Senior High School.

“I think yesterday’s games gave us more confidence for the season, especially winning all three,” senior Jenna Wenaas said. “ And this year, I’m just looking forward to enjoying one last season with friends.”