Better than average, Frisco ISD scores well on EOC exams

Frisco+ISD+scored+above+the+state+average+in+all+STAAR+and+EOC+exams+ranging+from+3rd+grade+to+11th+grade.+

Maddie Owens

Frisco ISD scored above the state average in all STAAR and EOC exams ranging from 3rd grade to 11th grade.

From the STAAR tests taken in elementary school to the end of course exams, Frisco ISD scored above the state average across the board in the 2018-19 school year. 

On the high school level, students across the District’s 10 high schools scored higher than the averages throughout the state (see infographic below). 

For core subject teachers, it’s a validation of the work of their classes. 

“It’s just encouraging that we have this culture that we’re gonna strive to be better each and every year and that we’re going to be so collaborative,” English 1 and 2 teacher David Barr said. “We’re not going to be moving on until we get to every kid.”

However for Frisco ISD Superintendent Dr. Mike Waldrip, this is just a small victory on their path to success.

“Test scores are just one measure of student achievement,” Waldrip said in an email to Wingspan. “While we are proud of all that our students and teachers have accomplished, it’s impossible to summarize in a letter grade. That’s why our district is partnering with the community to develop a more comprehensive accountability system that speaks to a broader range of learning experiences, both in and out of the classroom.”