Undefeated, Redhawk volleyball takes the win against Memorial

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

• The varsity volleyball team played against Memorial High School on Tuesday, September 10. The Redhawks look to continue their undefeated run against Frisco 6:30 p.m.

• During a break in their district game, the varsity volleyball team meets with their coaches.

• The varsity volleyball team played their district game against Memorial High School on Tuesday, September 10. After winning a point, the teammates join each other in a high-five.

Remaining undefeated in District 9-5A, volleyball beat the Memorial Warriors on Tuesday in four sets, 3-1, after neck and neck competition tested the team’s stability.

“I was impressed with Memorial I thought they did a really good job of getting us out of system at the very beginning and getting off to a good run,” head coach Ui Womble said. “I was a little disappointed in how we started but I am glad that we figured it out and came out with the W.”

The Redhawks remain first in District 9-5A alongside Lebanon Trail with a 4-0 record.

“I thought we played really well I wasn’t surprised about anything last night because I know our abilities as a team and as individuals,” senior Kyla Crawford said. “We have to fight through every game and do the best of our ability.”