Warriors no match for Redhawks

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

• Redhawk tennis hosts the Independence Knights at The Nest on Tuesday, with hopes of achieving a win. Many players believe consistency and teamwork will secure the win.

• The Redhawk tennis team heads to Centennial High School on Tuesday, to face the Titans in their last district matchup. They are coming off an 11-8 loss to Lebanon Trail, but feel ready to take on the Titans.

• Freshman Milla Dopson tosses the ball and prepares to swing on Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2019 against Memorial High School.

• Junior Sanjheev Rao sets up a serve to secure a point for his team, giving the pair just what they need to secure a spot in the top three. With partner junior Milla Dopson at his side, the two feel they are unstoppable.

• The Redhawk tennis team faces the Lebanon Trail Blazers, when they aim to secure a win. The team sits in top 5 in the state of Texas, so they are feeling motivated heading into the match.

• After seeing multiple wins over the weekend, the Redhawks are swinging into the District 10-5A tournament. Hot off of several victories, the Redhawks are eager to put their skills to the test.

Tennis dominated the Memorial Warriors in 18 sets on Tuesday, after shutting down their opponents only allowing them to take 1 set.

“We never lost our focus even after we won ten matches,” senior Sarvesh Ram said. “We tried our best to win on every court even after we knew we and won.”

Their determination and success early on led them to a guaranteed victory that moved the team to 3-1 in District 9-5A..

“We previously had many close matches where we barely won,” Ram said. “But this time it was a more dominant win for us for sure.”