Homecoming voting opens Monday

Homecoming nominations open Monday and will last until September 3. With homecoming set for Saturday, Sept. 25, 2021, excitement for the selected two winners from each grade level has already begun.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

As nominations are in for the homecoming court, voting opens Monday, with students having until Thursday to put in their final vote.

For senior nominee Dorothy Collier, homecoming is more than a school tradition.

“I’m looking forward to walking down the field with my parents at the homecoming game,” Collier said via text. “I like how the voting process is on a Google form so it is easy for anyone to whip their phone out and vote really quickly.” 

Senior Ben Afrid likes that the entire student body is going to pick the winners.

“I like that the people get to vote,” Afrid said via text. “Also that it’s not up to student council, that way it’s more fun.”

The homecoming court is only a small part of the festivities, and student body president, senior Emma Hancock is excited for what’s to come.

“I’m really looking forward to the homecoming pep rally,” Hancock said via text. “We have some fun games and performances planned, among other things, and I think it will be a great time and will get everyone excited for the game that night and the dance on Saturday.”