Fired up agianst Frisco, volleyball continues win streak

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

• The Redhawks are hot off of a 3-1 win against Frisco this Friday. The team focuses that energy on their next game Tuesday at 6:45p.m.

• Volleyball lost their first District 9-5A preseason game against Weatherford High School Tuesday night. They look to host Bishop Lynch Friday night at the Nest.

• Only a sophomore, outside hitter Lauryn Hill is an important part of the teams offense. The Redhawk volleyball team is looking for a win against Frisco, in hopes of securing the title of district champs.

• As the volleyball team continues on through their pre-season schedule, the team seeks out another win for the Redhawks. The team came out 3-1 in their last tournament and hope to increase their score.

• Junior Sue Slater is hitting middle, and hoping to hold a good block against some of the heavy hitters on the Frisco team.

• The volleyball team travel to Heritage High School to conquer the Coyotes 3-1. They look to continue their winning streak Friday against Lebanon Trail.

• Tuesday night the volleyball team had their third district game of the season. The team fell short to the raccoons 3-1, making their over all District 9-5A record 2-1.

• One door closes for the Redhawks as another one opens. The volleyball team brought home a 3-1 in in their final non-district match of the season but the team begins preparations for district season.

The victories keep adding up for the volleyball team as they won their sixth straight district game Tuesday, beating Frisco 3-0 in The Nest.

“We did a really good job of putting Frisco out of system and making them move,” sophomore Lauryn Hill said. “I think we did really well in 2nd and 3rd sets taking control of the game. I think we need to work on starting the first set strong and not letting up when we have a lead.”

Seeking to repeat as District 9-5A champions, the Redhawks are tied for first place with Lebanon Trail.

“I think we played really well and like a cohesive unit,” junior DD Bova-Ford said. “We took after that we just have to keep pushing ourselves and we can’t relax no matter the team and keep our leads.”