ID badges reappear on campus

Yael Even

ID’s are being passed out in English classes Monday and Tuesday. They will start to be enforced Thursday, September 26.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

After a delay caused by the campus switching to Southern Images Photography, students are set to receive their ID badges in their English classes on Monday and Tuesday. Students with English classes at Collin College will have their badges passed out during other classes or can pick them up in the AP office. 

Senior Jahson Ferguson doesn’t mind wearing ID badges as he believes security on campus is important.

“I think they are okay,” Furgeson said. “I think they can be kinda hard to keep track of, and if something were to happen you do need a way to identify kids, it’s a sad reality, but that’s what it is.”

Students have a couple days to get into the routine of wearing their ID badges as the campus will require that students have their badges on at all times later this week.

“The ID badge policy will go into effect Thursday, September 26,” AP secretary Marilyn Bryant said. “The consequences if you get the first one without a badge is a warning, the second is a lunch detention, the third is a reflection, the fourth, fifth and seventh will be ISS or the decision of your AP.”