Prepping for the PSAT takes away advisory

Jake Harvey

While in the past students had to schedule their SAT over the weekend and pay a fee, juniors across the district will have the opportunity to take the test for free during school. Testing will take place in the gyms as well as classrooms on Wednesday, March 4, 2020.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

Sophomores and juniors take the PSAT on Oct. 16, and on Thursday the pre-administration for the test took over advisory period with students bubbling in their demographic information while freshmen and seniors went to the gyms. 

“There is some information college board wants to know about your interests and things for college,” campus testing coordinator Ashley Stipes said. “It takes about thirty minutes, the part you are bubbling is individual to you, like your interests, what you might want to major in. This is going towards college preparation so it’s different per person.” 

Although senior Dorothy Collier found having no advisory inconvenient, she believes it’s beneficial for both students and teachers to host a PSAT admin session during advisory.

“It allows for all teachers to not have to rush or cut out any of their lessons,” Collier said. “Also, the students are for sure going to be there, and they don’t need to come outside of class.”

Freshmen and seniors have late arrival on PSAT day, and for seniors that means the senior sunrise, hosted by the PTSA.

“I like doing senior sunrise on PSAT day because I feel like I’ve earned it,” senior Tristian Maravilla said. “We all took the psat and now we’re finally allowed to relax while the other grades have to take the test. I’m excited to have late arrival because i also have early release, so I will be at school for a very short period.”