ISM students present at Research Showcase

With some students unable to attend due to the Chicago trip, ISM students still hoped to bring their A-game.

Henry Youtt, Managing Editor

The annual Research Showcase for FISD students in the Independent Study and Mentorship (ISM) program was held on Thursday night at Heritage High for students to display personal research from within their individual fields of study, ranging from marketing to cardiothoracic surgery.

“The experience was fantastic,” ISM teacher Brian Wysong said. “I feel like the students did and exceptional job and were well-prepared. The thing I am most proud of is hearing them talk to students and other people and showcasing the knowledge of their field.”

ISM students had the opportunity to show the tangible products of their research thus far in the course along with their hopes for what the second semester will bring.

“After a whole semester of research, reading articles, reading books, and talking to professionals from different companies,” senior Aneesh Bindingnavile said. “It was very fulfilling to see my parents and friends come out and support not only me but the rest of the ISM program.”