Football searches for win against Heritage

The+football+team+looks+to+continue+their+winning+streak+against+Frisco+High+School+Friday+night.+As+the+Raccoons+and+the+Redhawks+battle+for+first+at+Toyota+Stadium.+

Emily Vetvick

The football team looks to continue their winning streak against Frisco High School Friday night. As the Raccoons and the Redhawks battle for first at Toyota Stadium.

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Heading to the Ford Center at the Star for the annual Pink Out game, the Redhawks are battling the seventh place team in District 5-5A the Heritage Coyotes Friday at 7:00 p.m.

“There is no doubt that we played a great game last week,” head coach Matt Swinnea said. “The team and crowd were highly invested and it made for a great atmosphere. That was a very emotional loss for us so the key has been working to build on what we did well, recapture the energy we played with, and move into the win column. We’ve been talking all week about getting off to a good start and then finishing strong. Our goal is to play well for four quarters and then winning will take care of itself.”

Junior quarterback Will Glatch expects the team’s high energy from last week’s game to flow into their competition tonight.

“Going into the game tonight we are going to use the momentum we gained last week to start off fast and ready to play,” Glatch said. “The team’s expectations for tonight is to get our first win of the year.”