Halloween starts early on campus

Wade Glover

The 6th annual Trunk-R-Treat will be hosted by band on Monday, Oct. 28, 2019, at 6:30 p.m. This event will feature clubs on campus decorating their trunks and passing out candy so children and their families.

The spirit of Halloween begins early with the sixth annual Trunk-R-Treat scheduled for Monday night at 6:30 p.m. in the band parking lot. 

Hosted by band, Trunk-R-Treat invites clubs, organizations, and teams, on campus to bring their cars, dress up, and pass out candy. 

“I am expecting a successful turnout, this now being our sixth annual,” associate band director Zack Anderson said. “Each year, and it gets larger and larger and larger, and now we have food vendors that are coming out which I think will draw some more some more people out. But I expect there to be lots of trick or treaters and community members and family members coming out to this year’s event.”

Just three days before Halloween, the event helps provide a safe place to trick or treat.

“It is safer because it’s like teens giving out candy and they’re in a bag,” junior Emma Varela said. “I still think it’s good to take your kids out on Halloween but Trunk R Treat is another safe option to do.”