Volleyball defeats Princeton in first playoff game

Cheering+each+other+on%2C+the+Redhawks+meet+in+the+middle+of+the+court+after+scoring+a+point.+Volleyball+will+continue+its+playoff+berth+on+Thursday+against+RL+Turner+High+School.+++++++

Abby Passamore

Cheering each other on, the Redhawks meet in the middle of the court after scoring a point. Volleyball will continue its playoff berth on Thursday against RL Turner High School.

Maddie Aronson, Managing Editor

With their undefeated district season setting the tone for a successful run at playoffs, the Redhawk volleyball team took down Princeton High School, with a 3-0 (25-16, 25-5, 25-10) victory at McKinney High School

“Before the game, there was a lot of tension on the team, mainly just because of nerves,” senior Jenna Wennas said. “We were all really looking for a strong win tonight and I’m glad we came out on top so that we can continue our season. We’ve got a lot more to go, and I am excited for our upcoming game this Thursday.”

Winning Monday’s match leaves the team hopeful for upcoming, and possibly tougher matches.

“I know we have a lot coming up for us in the future,” sophomore Lauryn Hill said. “There is some teams like Lovejoy that were really gearing up to play, but we are trying to stay focused on each game before that too.”