District releases plans for high school no. 12 and new facilities

Courtesy of Corgan, Frisco ISD

Renderings of Frisco ISD’s high school #12 were released after architecture students at the CTE Center were able to give input.

Estimated to be a $122.5 million project, Frisco Independent School District has begun planning for high school #12. Yet to have a name, the school is expected to open its doors in 2022. 

Courtesy of Parkhill, Smith & Cooper, Inc., Frisco ISD
Frisco ISD’s new swimming facility is set to function as a supplement to the Bruce Eubanks Natatorium.

Located on Teel Parkway and Dakotah Road, the school, after receiving student input, will focus on six main goals: flexible environments, central commons, interaction opportunities, internal connections, exterior connections, and outdoor learning.

“The perspective of students is extremely important to the District,” Frisco ISD Deputy Superintendent of Business and Operations Todd Fouche said in a Frisco ISD release. “While they will not get covered parking as they requested, students should be reassured that we have listened to their input and implemented numerous changes to the design based on their needs.”

In addition to the plans for high school #12 being discussed, the district has also released initial plans another swim practice facility located near Memorial Stadium and Bruce Eubanks Natatorium on North County Road.

Set to open in 2021, the facility acts as a duplicate of the Bruce Eubanks Natatorium with the same number of swim lanes and diving boards.

While this won’t be the main pool used for competitions, this new facility will double the amount of students who can practice at a given time.

Both the swim facility and the high school #12 are part of the 2018 bond package