Football faces off in final game of the season

Emily Vetvick

The Redhawks shook up their 43-7 loss to Frisco High School with a 56-7 win over Lebanon Trail Friday at the Ford Center. The team goes into its bye week looking to prepare for their final three games of the district season.

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

For their final game of their District 5-5A season football is battling Wakeland for Blackout Night at The Star at 7:00 p.m.

“We are hoping to see a win today,” senior Keavon Wright said. “Wakeland isn’t very flashy so I expect them to try and beat us on the run.”

The Redhawks enter the game at 0-6 in district play, but are striving to defeat the Wolverines who are 3-3 and sit in fourth place.

“Tonight I’m trying to go out and spoil Wakelands Senior Night and homecoming,” senior Corbin Ridlehuber said. “I’m going out on top and trying to play the best game I have played in my career at Liberty. It’s a surreal moment that it’s the last time playing with people I have been playing with for the past four years. And it’s going to be sad to never play with them ever again. It’s been a rough season but I would do it all again with my teammates as we grew as a team so much this year and brought us closer.”