Orders due for cap and gown packages

Cooper Ragle

Jostens owner Larry Harper and his team set up a booth in the cafeteria, to let students turn in forms and ask questions. The team is on campus Wednesday, from advisory to 6:00 p.m.

Maddie Aronson, Managing Editor

Graduation isn’t until May, but seniors have one last chance to pre-order their cap and gown package on Wednesday as Jostens will be in the cafeteria from advisory to 6 p.m.

“Right now they’re just trying to figure out where they want to go with either their cap and gown package, or the mascot pack,” Jostens representative Larry Harper said. “All of the packs come with the cap and gown in it, but if they don’t want all of the things that are in that package, then it’s probably not a good way to go right now, the basic pack has everything they would need to get across stage.” 

The Jostens team spent several hours on campus Tuesday, and will be back Wednesday for students to ask questions and place orders, but seniors can also order their package at a later date with a fee attached. 

“We won’t change anything for the next two weeks, but then after that the prices will go up, by about 15 or 20 percent more. If they wait too long the price will continue to go up,” Harper said. “Right now they can order even if they don’t have the deposit, they can go ahead and turn their order in without money, and we will go ahead and process the order, and they can pay over time. 

For senior Lakshya Sharma, ordering a cap and gown in a symbol for the future, and exciting things to look forward to with the approach of graduation. 

“I’m excited to graduate,” Sharma said. “I’m excited to so I can walk across the stage. I’m looking forward to going to college, and being independent and living by myself after high school.”