Redhawks provide 46 angels with Christmas gifts

Students+and+teachers+on+campus+brought+a+variety+of+items+for+the+angel+tree%2C+and+were+sorting+the+items+to+send+them+off.+The+school+has+adopted+angels+for+4+years%2C+and+this+year%2C+46+individuals+received+their+christmas+gifts+from+Redhawk+donations.+

Caroline Attmore

Students and teachers on campus brought a variety of items for the angel tree, and were sorting the items to send them off. The school has adopted angels for 4 years, and this year, 46 individuals received their christmas gifts from Redhawk donations.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

More than 40 Frisco ISD are going to be receiving gifts through the school’s Adopt an Angel program as 2B classes collected gifts from the beginning of the month until Tuesday. 

“For this year’s adopt an angel donation drive, the turnout was amazing,” counselor Staci Stokes said. “As a campus we adopted 46 unique, individual angels and all of those angel wish lists were completed. 2B classes did an awesome job pulling together to purchase those gifts for the children in need.”

This year was the first angel donation drive on campus.

“We have always as a campus done some sort of donation drive,” Stokes said. “This is the first year since I have been here, so four years that we actually adopted angels and purchased gifts for them.”

Junior Franny Trezza believes the angels are in for a Christmas miracle.

“This helps the angels out so much because these are kids who maybe wouldn’t have presents to open on Christmas without this program,” Trezza said. “Most of these items they are receiving are necessary clothes so that helps out the parents to. Our angel should look forward to opening the gifts on Christmas. The whole point is to make her happy and I truly hope we achieved that as a class. Everyone deserves to open a gift on Christmas and I hope she enjoys what we got her.