Basketball shoots into tournament season

Kicking+off+their+Thanksgiving+break%2C+girls+basketball+heads+to+Allen+to+participate+in+the+Lady+Eagle+Hoopfest.+With+their+the+success+from+previous+seasons%2C+the+team+is+looking+to+start+the+season+off+strong.+

Kicking off their Thanksgiving break, girls basketball heads to Allen to participate in the Lady Eagle Hoopfest. With their the success from previous seasons, the team is looking to start the season off strong.

Kameron Hoffman

Kameron Hoffman

Kameron Hoffman

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Girls’ basketball starts off Thanksgiving break with more tournament play as they take part in the Allen Lady Eagles Hoopfest Thursday-Saturday at Allen High School.

“Tournament play is important because we get to face teams that challenge our abilities to get us ready for district play,” senior Kyla Crawford said. “So I’m expecting the teams to be aggressive and athletic to give us a challenge and see what we will do to handle and beat the competition.”

On Thursday the Redhawks will tip off against Tyler Lee at 3:00 p.m, and face Duncanville at 12:00 p.m. on Friday with all championship games to follow on Saturday.

“We are expecting to see a lot of good teams,” junior Maya Jain said. “We played Duncanville last year and they’re at this tournament so it’ll be a fun tournament that will challenge us.”