Student council gives teachers a night off

In 2018, senior Caitlyn Schroeder and Student Council sponsor Kandy Stevens set up for Teacher’s Night Out, where Student Council watches teachers’ kids to give them a well deserved night off. This year, the same event will be held Friday in the gym from 5:00-9:00 p.m.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

Giving teachers and staff members the chance to take a night away from their children, Student Council is hosting Teachers Night Out in the gym on Friday. The annual event features games and activities for the children of staff members from 5 to 9 p.m. 

“This is just another way for Student Council to give back to our school community with a focus on teachers,” Student Council advisor Kandy Stevens said. “This has been a tradition started several years ago that StuCo members have really enjoyed as well as the children who attend.”

The theme for the event is the holidays and will include ornament making, movie, coloring, a Santa visit, dodgeball, scooter tag and a goody bag to take home with kids being provided with Chick-fil-A nuggets, fruit, small snacks and drinks.

Teachers believe an evening away from their children is beneficial for their well-being.

“Having a toddler and a newborn baby I mean time for yourself is few and far between and it’s precious,” coach and history teacher Ben Manning said. “Anytime you can have some time off from your kids or a date night, or time for yourself is a good thing.”