Underclassmen begin new schedule selection

Students in fine arts and athletics have the option to drop the credit from their GPA. The opt-out window opened on Sept. 1 and will stay open until Oct. 1.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

Returning to campus after a two week break for the start of a new semester, underclassmen are being asked to think ahead as they begin the process for choosing classes for the 2020-2021 school year began Tuesday. 

“Students can log into HAC right now and can see their schedules that they signed up for next year,” A-E counselor Andrea Douglas said. “They can go ahead and start making changes prior to registration and the process starting. It just makes it a little faster for us and students, however it’s not mandatory.”

Even though the second semester started Tuesday, junior Franny Trezza likes being able to start picking her senior classes.

“I think the ability to access and edit our schedules for next year so early is a huge advantage,” Trezza said. “It gives us more time to decide what we want to take and takes away the stress of rushing to put together our schedules.”

The schedules on HAC are based off the four year plan students create in 8th grade, giving students such as sophomore Julie Johnson plenty of time to rethink what they picked. 

“I like that we can choose classes right now because it gives more time to think about what you want to do next year,” Johnson said. “It also gives more time to figure out what you’ll need and think through what your schedule and options would be the next year.”