New FISD schools call for new attendance zones

Monthly+School+Board+Meeting+by+Frisco+ISD+proposed+the+name+for+High+School+%2311.+The+Citizens+Committee+submitted+the+name+Emerson+based+off+the+original+town+name+of+Frisco%2C+and+with+the+building+process+underway%2C+new+zones+are+beginning+to+be+set+for+Frisco+ISD+students.+

Monthly School Board Meeting by Frisco ISD proposed the name for High School #11. The Citizens Committee submitted the name Emerson based off the original town name of Frisco, and with the building process underway, new zones are beginning to be set for Frisco ISD students.

Lucas Barr

Lucas Barr

Lucas Barr

Kasey Harvey, Editor-in-Chief

Frisco ISD will be hitting the drawing board once again in fall of 2020 in order to adjust the attendance zones to accomodate for two new campuses, Emerson High School and Frisco’s 43rd elementary school, that will open in the fall of 2021. 

The district is hoping to finalize plans by November so that when the two new schools open in 2021, the new attendance zones will already be in place. Final zones will not be approved until after a board meeting in October or November in which community members will be able to provide feedback on the rezoning proposals.

As of now, the district is unsure how many schools will be impacted as the district may rezone beyond the two new schools if warranted.

“We will do some additional cleaning up of current zones, if need be, based on some capacity concerns that we’re taking a look at with other campuses,” FISD Executive Director of Operations Scott Warstler said in a Community Impact article.