Basketball faces Trailblazers after weekend wins

Amelia Jáuregui

Guard, sophomore Ashley Anderson waits for the referee’s call to pass in the ball at Satruday’s game. The girls’ team plays the Trailblazers at Lebanon Trail at 6 p.m. with the boys’ team following at 7:15 p.m.

Remi Williams, Staff Reporter

Both varsity basketball teams are looking to continue their District 9-5A winning streaks as they hit the road to take on Lebanon Trail Tuesday.  

The girls’ team is coming off of a close game, beating Lone Star in double overtime 49-47 on Saturday.

“This is kind of one of those trap games in the sense that we just came off, you know, a really big win,” girls’ head coach Ross Reedy said. “What I mean by a trap game is sometimes you come up with big when you don’t have the same kind of energy effort and focus.”

As for the boys’ team, they are seeking their third straight district win after starting 0-5.

“We’ve been working on not turning the ball over, that’s a big thing for us,” boys’ head coach Stephen Friar said. “We had some good practices, our guys have been competing really hard.”