Students present progress at ISM Showcase Night

Amelia Jáuregui

Students present the progress on their original work in January 2019 during the 2018-2019 school year. ISM students from around the district will return to the Ford Center for the annual showcase night Wednesday from 6:30-8 p.m.

Aaron Boehmer, Managing Editor

A semester of students’ assessments, research, and mentee experience is going to be on display Wednesday from 6:30-8 p.m.at the annual Frisco ISD ISM showcase at The Star

“I am excited to be able to present my research in corporate finance from this first semester along with my original work. I am also interested in seeing the work of my peers from around the district,” senior Geethika Bonthala said. “I started my research with a series of assessments, and through this information as well as the help of professionals in the field, I came up with my idea for my original work.” 

Exploring art conservation and curation, senior Giorgia Mastrolorenzo saw the showcase come up faster than she thought it would after putting in a lot of work to prepare. 

“I’m excited but scrambled, there has been a lot leading up to the event and what seemed so far away jumped in front of me,” Mastrolorenzo said. “I’m excited to see people I know from around the district and talk about what I love.

Bonthala recognizes the opportunity to take part in a class that includes real life experiences that have to do with her specific interest. 

“Not all students have the opportunity to have hands-on, practical experience in their field of interest,” Bonthala said. “Being able to be part of the program and seeing how others have grown in the program makes the showcase unique.”