Boys recovers previous loss, while girls continue win streak

After+a+rough+start+to+the+season%2C+the+boys+are+coming+back%2C+with+their+win+against+Frisco+High+School+putting+them+at+5-5+in+district.+The+girls+continue+their+undefeated+streak%2C+and+look+to+continue+as+the+season+progresses.+

Sarah Boutouis

After a rough start to the season, the boys are coming back, with their win against Frisco High School putting them at 5-5 in district. The girls continue their undefeated streak, and look to continue as the season progresses.

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Traveling to Frisco’s court, the boys’ and girls’ basketball teams took on the Raccoons Tuesday night in District 9-5A play.

Losing to the Raccoons by only one point earlier in the year, the boys’ used their close loss as motivation for a win, and that’s what happened as the Redhawks prevailed and came home with a 52-47 victory, the team’s fifth win in a row.

This team has definitely improved in a lot of areas,” head coach Stephen Friar said. “We have become more patient on the offensive end, and have been committed to having more attention to detail on the defensive end. Hopefully we can continue to keep doing those things.”

Putting the defensive clamps on the Raccoon’s offense, the girls’ team moved to 12-0 with their 43-25 win. 

“I feel like we did well in shutting down the offense,” senior Kyla Crawford said. “Games away from home are a different energy but I feel like we did a good job considering we have a target on our backs.”