New faces on campus

Mrs. Beck is a new math teacher at Liberty who has enjoyed her transition into the Redhawk family.

Blake VerWoert

Blake VerWoert, Staff Writer

Many changes have come with the new school year, including new staff members who have been brought in to replace departing faculty.

Forty-six new members have been added to the Liberty family, one of the largest influxes of staff that the school has seen.

The rise in the number of students also increased the need for more teachers. Teachers are often asked to teach many different classes, sometimes up to six. Because the new instructors on campus will help share the collective class load, teachers will teach less preps and will have more time to plan for the classes they do have.

Mrs. Beck, one of the new instructors at Liberty, has had a positive experience in her transition into life at Liberty.

“First off, it’s been awesome, very busy, and people have been very nice and helpful,” Beck said. “It’s been a nice change, and the students are awesome; they’re very polite and respectful.”

The 46 new staff members got together for training during the summer so they could get acquainted with the halls of Liberty and with each other, as well.

“It was kind of nice knowing a few faces when I got here,” Beck said. “It’s been helpful knowing the teachers so I can feel more at home.”

Getting to know their fellow staff members has proved beneficial for these newcomers in transitioning into the Liberty community.