Rising Redhawks see what the campus has to offer

Parents+and+guardians+have+the+chance+to+see+what+is+happening+in+various+classes+on+campus+as+part+of+Mondays+Meet+the+Teacher+from+6-7%3A30+p.m.+%0AThe+event+will+allow+parents+and+guardians+to+move+freely+throughout+campus+and+visit+with+teachers+as+wanted.+

Cooper Ragle

Parents and guardians have the chance to see what is happening in various classes on campus as part of Monday’s Meet the Teacher from 6-7:30 p.m. The event will allow parents and guardians to move freely throughout campus and visit with teachers as wanted.

Yael Even, Managing Editor

In an open house setting, rising freshman and their parents were able to visit an array of tables hosted by teachers and current students as part of Wednesday’s Redhawk Rally.

“It gives them a chance to see some of the courses and electives that they can take next year,” geography teacher Jennifer Nelken said. 

More than two dozen clubs, teams, and programs were set up in the main hallway, the rotunda, and cafeteria, to provide 8th grade students and their parents information about the different possibilities on campus. 

“My daughter has not considered journalism,” parent Lucy Gustavus said. “However she is a very gifted writer, and after speaking with representatives I believe she is now considering it. She was more inclined to listen to a student speak about course electives than a teacher.”

The event provided students with a chance to learn more about programs offered on campus as they continue the process of filling out their schedules for 2020-2021.

“I thought it would be a good idea to come out and see what’s going on,” eighth grader  Charles Deardorff said. “If I was to look at a thespian place a thespian club, I’d automatically go there because I love theater.”