HOSA heads to Spring Leadership Conference

Minuki Medis

The HOSA Spring Leadership Conference takes place on Friday, and provides high school students the opportunity to research and take part in professional medical conversations and debates. This year the competitions are in-person as opposed to online for the first time in two years.

Aaron Boehmer, Managing Editor

Health Occupations Students of America head to McKinney North for the Spring Leadership Conference Friday to put their medical terminology, dental science, and healthcare knowledge to the test. 

“There’s a really broad range of events our members can choose to compete in so there’s usually something that pertains to each person’s interests,” HOSA co-president Anushka Sinha said. “We have been preparing for this since October and competitors have been coming in to get practice judging sessions from the officers so they can get some good feedback before the competition. At area there’s usually a really fun opening ceremony where we can meet all the other chapters and then we go to Mckinney North to compete.” 

Helping students prepare with practice tests and study materials, HOSA sponsor Laura Stubblefield is looking forward to the club members bring everything they’ve learned to the table

“I’m very confident, we’ve got great kids that have prepared a lot and have prepared really hard,” Stubblefield said. “We’ve done study sessions each afternoon; we’d catered to whatever their test was, we had materials that they could study to prepare for the specific test that they are taking.”