Second semester AP registration goes live

Courtesy of Jeff Crowe

The payment window for AP exams is now open. Students can pay fees through Online School Fees by Nov. 1.

Lucas Barr, Editor-in-chief

From Psychology, to Macroeconomics and Government, students are now able to register for second semester AP exams. With a Feb. 21 deadline, exams cost $94 and can be paid online or by check to the counseling office on Wednesdays. 

In case students failed to register for fall semester or full year exams, they can still register by Feb. 21 with an additional $50 late fee. Students that do not want to take exams they paid for are eligible for $44 refunds. Refunds and late registration must be handled in person at the counseling office.

Despite the compressed timeframe of second semester AP classes, senior Christine Le plans on signing up for the AP Macroeconomics test and encourages others to do the same.

“It is kind of difficult having a few less weeks to prepare for the test since it’s in the beginning of May, so that means we might just have more chapters to cover for each class,” Le said. “However, it’s also a good thing because all the information will be really fresh when we take the test. $94 is kind of expensive but when you consider how hard we work and the cost of college classes, I think AP tests are a good investment.”