Redhawks head west for wins against Wolverines

Amelia Jáuregui

The girls basketball team soared in the Dallas Mavs Fall Classic tournament this weekend placing sixth overall. The team is suffering from many injuries, but their spirits are still high.

Amelia Jáuregui, Staff Reporter

After battling the Titans on Tuesday, the Redhawk basketball program takes on the Wolverines this Friday at Wakeland, with girls playing at 6:00 p.m. and boys playing at 7:15 p.m.

“Some team goals are to just have a solid game and execute our game plan,” sophomore Ashley Anderson said. “A personal goal I have is to play a solid defensive game and finish some plays on the offensive side.”

With two games left for the girls and the team in first place, they all have one goal moving forward; making the playoffs.

“It’s sad knowing that we aren’t going to get to play twice a week,” Anderson said. “But it’s exciting to get into playoffs.”

The boys’ team is in a battle for the playoffs and sits in a tie for fifth place, just one game out of the last playoff spot.  

“We all have the same goals and that’s to improve, achieve and succeed on the basketball court,” senior Myson Huff said. “We have a culture of winning, so when it comes down to it all, that culture pushes us to keep the tradition going.”