February’s monthly board meeting set for Monday

Noah Servigon

For the third straight year in a row, the Frisco ISD Board of Trustees has lowered the district tax. This rate is the lowest Frisco ISD has seen in more than 20 years. 

Kyle Strickland, WTV Daily Update Producer

February’s monthly Board of Trustees regular meeting is set to take place Monday night at 7:30 p.m. in the Frisco ISD Administration Building

Monday’s School Board Meeting will acknowledge seniors who qualified as National Merit Semifinalist.

To qualify students must have scored within the top 1% on the PSAT test.

The board will act to approve the Election of Trustees places four and five to be set for May 2.

For the 60,000 registered voters in Frisco, early voting will begin April 20 with Frisco Fire Station #8, at the intersection of Rolater and Independence, being the closest voting location.

An update to the 9-week grading calendar is scheduled to be approved Monday, so that final rank for seniors will be run at the end of the third 9-weeks instead of the end of the third week of the fourth grading period.

Enrollment in Frisco ISD is expected to increase by more than 2,000 students for the 2020-2021 school year, with that a budget proposal is set to request over 130 new teachers, as well as principal and athletic coordinator for Emerson High School, set to open fall of 2021.

Finally, to ensure the district maintains at least one-third of teachers at a new campus are comprised of experienced Frisco ISD teachers, the transfer window for current Frisco ISD employees is set to open on Feb. 24 and close March 4.

The full agenda can be found here