Both boys’ and girls’ soccer fall to Rangers

Remi Williams, Staff Reporter

• Kicking ball to his teammates, sophomore Jack Brian played against Lone Star High School on Feb. 7, 2020.

• Sophomore Jack Bryan bounces the ball on his chest.

• Andrew Siv, sophomore, traps the ball in between his feet.

• Girls’ and boys’ soccer shot out their competition on Tuesday in District 9-5A matchups. For the girls’ this was a much needed win after a series of losses.

• Jake Norrins, sophomore, runs with the soccer ball, getting ready to pass it to his teammates on the field. The Redhawks are now looking to take on the Wakeland Wolverines Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

• Sophomore Ashton Schramek, prepares to kick the ball across the field. Both boy’s and girl’s teams take on the Reedy Lions 7pm with the girls at home, and the boys away at Reedy.

The last game of the first round of District 9-5A came to an end Friday night with both teams losing to the Rangers. 

The girls’ lost (1-0) put them in fifth place for districts. For captain Sydney Andros, she feels like the loss is not a true testament of what the team could do.

“The Lone Star game made me very upset and frustrated me,” Andros said. ”I know as a team we all could’ve done better but thankfully we get another shot at redemption.”

As for the boys’ team, their loss (5-1) left them sitting in tenth. 

“The Lone Star game wants our best game,” junior Luke Berry said. “We had brief moments of success with our goal but we had to keep our heads up and keep working.” 

Both of the teams kick off the second round of playoffs against Memorial Tuesday night.