Color guard enters the Wolverine den

Vinanti Vemulapalli

With winterguard in full swing, the team will enter the Wolverine den for the NTCA competition at Wakeland High School. Sitting before a panel of judges, the team will get to see if their work will pay off on Saturday, Feb. 15, 2020.

Hannah Beeler, Guest Contributor

Leaving the band behind, color guard goes out on its own on Saturday at the NTCA competition at Wakeland.

“We will go to Wakeland and both color guards will have a chance to perform their programs for a panel of judges,” color guard director Scott Mills said. “Then based off of how they score in their class, they’ll, you know, be assigned a placement.”

The group has been working on all the small details to make sure their performance is a success.

“We prepare by practicing all time and working through specific parts of our show in extreme detail,” junior Amelia Pirrello said. “We have also been practicing our performance quality like smiling and engaging the audience during the show”.

Senior Jenna Kelly is looking forward to many aspects of the upcoming event.

“I am excited because we get to compete against other really good schools and we get to the other schools shows too,” Kelly said.  “I’m also excited to see our hard work and dedication pay off.”